WOW. It has been too long friends and family. We will try to be more up-to-date with this thing. :)
A few weeks ago we had a group of teenagers from Lighthouse Indonesian Chruch come to our apartment and do a week long backyard-bible club and it was great! We started the week off by having a free clothing/food give-away that was sponsored by Vision Ministries where we passed out flyers to moms and dads to advertise the childrens' club. From Monday to Friday the LIC came and taught the good news of Christ; His death and resurrection. Several children wanted to know more about Christ in more of a one-on-one setting. They also got us a list of names and apartment numbers to do follow ups!
This has been a answered prayer for Holly and I as we want to see the church support us in what we do here. It is so good to know that we have brothers and sisters to run along-side of us.
- Thanks: I (James) am taking my FINAL class and I am done(August 15)! The bad part - its a presentation class where my teacher rings his coffee mug everytime you say "uh..." Sad panda is sad.
- Thanks: Holly will be finishing up her last semester at TWU this fall.
- Confession: Holly is now in Iowa for the week. Yes, this means the house is a mess. j/k...kinda
- Supplication: I am looking for a big-boy job since I am graduating soon. I have some prospects but they may fall thru.
- Supplication: Pray for our neighbors and that the Lord might use us to help them. Holly has started a bible study for some of the ladies that live around us. Pray that God would bless their time.