Sunday, April 5, 2009

Change in plans...

This coming Friday I (Holly) will be registering for classes AND applying for graduation!!!! I have changed my major to General Studies in order to graduate quicker, as well as less expensively. My 2 areas of focus will be Kinesiology and Sociology.

I am doing this because James and I want to go to the next season of our lives as quickly as possible. (he'll be graduating this August!) And, my only true passion in life is the Lord...His Word...and the Great Commission. (see Matthew 28:16-20)
Before I was a Christian I never had one single passion, or one thing that I was really good at or even really enjoyed doing like most people. If I were able & allowed I would've moved to Colorado to be a ski bum after H.S. graduation. But instead I went to college (b/c that's what you're suppose to do, right?) and chose a major that I thought I might enjoy doing...oh and that would pay a lot of money (cause that's what we're suppose to live for, right?...wrong) I was never passionate about or good at school...I play the violin and am decent, but not excellent. This use to discourage me...until I knew Christ. I can see how God has been working in me through out my whole life, I understand now why I never had a huge passion for anything...it's because now that I'm a Chrisitan I see that my passion & calling on my life is to do full time ministry.

To tell you the truth at the beginning of this year I began considering quitting school after this semester and then James and I could start the Mission's Training Institute (a 2 year program that prepares you to be an overseas missionary) or Downline Ministries (a 1 year discipleship program) sooner. Thankfully, I spoke with Jason Seville (my mentor's husband) and he encouraged me to try to find out what I could do in order to still graduate, but quicker. He said that having a degree opens up a lot more ministry doors than if I didn't have degree. He also said that graduating would honor my parents for the sacrifices (money & time) they made to put me through college...which I thought was wonderful advice. Therefore, I looked into the General Studies major and it's perfect! All my Kinesiology courses that I've been taking for the past 4 years count and all I have left is 5 Sociology courses!

All that to say...I will be graduating this December and of course we'll keep you posted on what life holds next for the Faske's. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Good choice and thank you Jason....I like the plan and Lord willing, He will remove the obstacles to work that plan.
    Love you guys and miss ya'll.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. The easiest way to test for the authenticity of any Coach Purses is to consider the touch test. By holding a Coach Luggage with your hand you’ll fully appreciate the high quality of Coach Wristlet . You’ll instantly spot the difference should you hold a Coach Madison in your other hand as well.

    A MAMAS FAMILY recorder HDD is a great type of material to use for one's MAMAS FAMILY DVD recording needs. MAMAS FAMILY DVD COLLECTION can work with all sorts of materials including PVR devices and can create discs that are easy to read. It can also work with a variety of signals for receiving data.

    The Hogan scarpe sporty shoes were really intended for the basketball players. Hogan scarpe donna had the shoes designed with a lower profile outer sole compared to the previous shoes. The objective was to offer hogan donna that are lighter in weight, closer to ground, and equipped with better paneling for improved performance. The enhancements of Hogan scarpe uomo were made so that the player can attain optimum pivoting and blocking.

    ReplyDelete