Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I guess we haven't been very good at keeping this thing updated lately....but I guess better late than never!

Well let's see:
  • about 2 weeks ago I lost my nanny job because the mom of the kids lost her job, therefore she didn't need me anymore! But God has once again provided me with another job...I will be working with Communities in Schools. I will be a teacher at an afterschool program for at-risk children. I will be at Strickland Middle School which is right down the street from our apartment!
  • In the afterschool program we start with doing extra-curricular activities with the kids (such as: sports, photography, scrapbooking, art, computers, etc. - I told them I would want to be involved in all those I mentioned, except computers...haha) then we spend some time helping them with homework, then we do a lesson with them.
  • I am very excited about this job - I see it as more of extended ministry from our apartment than a job because there are a lot of children that live here that go to Strickland.
  • This job also goes great with my school schedule - I will be working 3-6:15pm Monday through Friday and then like 9am-2pm on Saturdays.
  • James is still searching for a full-time job - he's actually at an interview as I type! Please pray for him to find something soon and that will hopefully be enjoyable for him.
  • He is now graduated with a Computer Engineer degree...woah, yeah he's smart ;-) but really he has worked very hard! He also just turned 24 and we had a wonderful Fiesta for him on August 15th - his family came up from Austin and friends came to celebrate as well!
  • This month my friend (since 4th grade) moved into our apartment complex to do apartment ministry as well - it's so wonderful and encouraging to have people come along side us here at Kingswood and reach out to the people we can't.
  • Also, another couple from Denton Bible is also moving in here next month after they get married to do apartment ministry as well!! Praise God!
Well, that is all I can think of now....oh I start school August 31st to begin my LAST semester of college!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is easy to fall in love with a hermes bag . Who wouldn’t? hermes wallets has the exact amount of color dash and pluckiness to go with the overall look. However it is made, a hermes constance can look the occasion. There is always a bag for every event and for your mood swings.
    lida helps to loose weight. Presently there are a lot of weights beating techniques which are accessible in the marketplace.. People may even ensure about diverse organizations which provide you with the weight beating techniques. lida daidaihua is one of organizations which provide people with lots of weight reduce steps and tips. One of such web site which provides daidaihua products is lose weight with. lida slimming has got a special type of packing inside in order to make customers differentiate between their products. If some one needs to identify regarding the slimming capsule beating techniques and devices, then they can verify from our site of slimming capsules .
    Owning Chanel bags are often a sign that a woman has exquisite taste in fashion and is aware of the latest trends in fashion. Not only does Chanel bag represent that, these fashion accessories also bear the hallmark of long lasting quality and design excellence, with owners swearing on their lives that the Chanel Wallet can stand the test of time and extensive use. The best material go into the production of Chanel handbags and handbags, and the material themselves have to pass stringent quality tests to ensure that they are suitable for making these women's accessories.
    Tiffany jewellery has become so ubiquitous in the jewelry field that many people know they're receiving Tiffany rings just by the color of the jewelry's box silver rings , a registered trademark. Today, many people are also being introduced to Tiffany earrings through the company's extensive sterling silver jewelry line.

    ReplyDelete