Monday, March 2, 2009

How could you? (revised by James)

Before you were born, I pondered at how beautiful I would make you. I contemplated between blonde or brown hair, tall or short, light or dark; even down to every fabrication of your muscles. When you first were born I immediately fell in love. You were so beautiful, so precious. You were made exactly how I had planned. I knew at that moment I would give anything for you. Things were going to be perfect between us. Until that first time you sinned against me. How could you?

To see something so beautiful, so wonderful betray my trust just broke my heart. Should I just put an end to it and let justice be served? Should I just destroy the creation I invested so much time and detail? I can’t end it all. I love you too much.

As the years drag on, my heart grieves as you grow farther and farther from me. You are indulging deeper and deeper into your sin and my heart gets crushed more and more. If you only knew that you could find rest and satisfaction in me. You used to talk to me but now it’s as if I was a stranger. Should I move on and end this pain that you daily drag me through? That would be the easy way out but you are worth more than that to me.

It has come to the point where I can’t take it anymore. Justice must be served. Day in and day out you disobey my laws and I hold back punishment from you. I can’t hold it back anymore. Your sin must be dealt with. But when I see you I’m reminded of my love for you. I can’t end this relationship I hold so dearly to my heart. I know what I must do.

I came to you in person on that day. I wanted you to love me, just like I have loved you. I just wanted you to talk to me again. You told me that you didn’t want me. It broke my heart. You insisted that I leave; even after everything I have sacrificed just to meet you. How could you?

You don’t believe who I say I am. I can see the hatred you have for me grow. It came to the point where you sought to kill me, just as I knew you would. As you scorn me and spit on me, I want to just end it all. It’s like I never knew you. You beat me with a whip… for what? I have never done anything wrong or hurt you. How could you?

I cringe my teeth as the nail slides into my wrist. Even through my tears you keep pounding it in. The second and third nails seem much more painful than the first. The physical pain couldn’t measure up to the emotional pain of watching you do this to me. I know at any moment I could have legions of angels come to my aid and serve justice for this wickedness. But all I can think of is you. When the cross was raised I looked back on your life to when you were young. Something so precious that I created and gave my all to was killing me. My diaphragm is no match for the weight of my body. My breaths are growing shorter and shorter. You won’t even look me in the eyes as I hang here fighting for every breath. I see you have no regret. I feel my life slipping away. It is finished. How could you?

Today is Sunday and I have conquered the grave; to show that death cannot hold a Love so true. With tears rolling down your face, you realize what you have done. For the first time in years you talk to me! And beg for forgiveness for all the years of betrayal, lust, greed and hate. You know you deserve to be punished. You know you deserve Hell. You know you don’t deserve me. Without a moment of hesitation I wrap you in a hug. I explain how my death has paid for every one of your sins and you are now free. You are perfect once again. I will remember your sin no more. Your debt has been paid. You respond, “How could you?”


I wrote this after reading a story about a dog and its owner, How could you? by Jim Willis.

1 comment:

  1. There is a hermes bags which you can put tassels like those of a poodle. It is classy and elegant. As you can see, birkin are the store’s best buys. Pricey maybe for some but berkin bag are worth every dollar you spend on. Its captivating appeal can put you somewhere like seventh heaven.
    lida helps to loose weight. Presently there are a lot of weights beating techniques which are accessible in the marketplace.. People may even ensure about diverse organizations which provide you with the weight beating techniques. lida daidaihua is one of organizations which provide people with lots of weight reduce steps and tips. One of such web site which provides daidaihua products is lose weight with. lida slimming has got a special type of packing inside in order to make customers differentiate between their products. If some one needs to identify regarding the slimming capsule beating techniques and devices, then they can verify from our site of slimming capsules .
    It is no wonder that replica Chanel handbags are held in high regard not only by celebrities and well known public figures world wide, but also purveyors of durable products that respect the combination of hardy fashion and cool chic. To get your hands on a Chanel handbag normally requires a trip down to the nearest Chanel boutique in your area or country. There are many points to note to this if you decide to do so. First of all, not every country has an official chanel watches boutique.
    To be sure you're getting a true piece of Tiffany jewelry, there's only one way to do it - buy from the source. silver rings has many stores in large cities throughout the world, but Tiffany necklaces also have catalog for people who don't live close to one of the stores. This catalog, known as the Tiffany pendants , has been in continuous publication since 1845.

    ReplyDelete