Friday, March 6, 2009

Probably getting a cat...

This is Holly...and I just want to give you a little bit of insight on how humorous my husband is:

Before we were married:
"Holly, let's get a cat after we're married..."

**Before we were married we decided to not get a cat for the first few months...too much on our plates.**

1 Month after we're married:
Holly: "where are we going?"
James: "I just need to check something"

*We arrive at PetSmart*

Holly: "James, there are no cats, they're all adopted right now." (all cages empty)
James: *incredibly sad face*

*Getting into car*

James: "Okay, I checked what I needed to."

2 weeks ago:

*At the store*

Holly: "what else do we need to get?"
James: "Oh, we definitely need this" *Grabs a cat collar* "Oh and this for our kitty." *Grabs a cat toy*

Yesterday:

*I arrive home from laundry mat*

James: "Hey! I got you something!! Come here quick!"

*Has my 'gift' behind his back*

*Gives it to me...what is it? A plastic food & water bowl for cat!*

Conclusion:
My husband is a nut, loves cats, and we'll probably buy one when we get home from our spring break mission trip...

;-) i love him

4 comments:

  1. Hey - you know you don't have to BUY a kitten.... take a look in the paper or look on petfinder.com for a rescued kittie!!!! P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a nine year old cat that is very loving and really needs an owner/owners that have more time to spend with him. Let me know if you are interested in him. He is an indoor cat and his name is Radar and is solid black with beautiful green eyes. If interested let me know. Russell can get in contact with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turns out our pet deposit is $400 and we only get $200 of that back at the end of the lease.
    So we probably won't get a pet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know one day ya'll will have a cat...maybe two, that is why living in your own house is a blessing. James, I am dissappointed that you kind of "beat around the bush" and didn't get to the point directly....show up with this "oh such a poor and lost kitty that needs a good home" and give it a good home. I understand the dollars and "sense" part of the equation....remember....all in good (God's) time.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete